The Sandi Patty and Friends concert was the first time I got hear Sandi sing in person and it was delightful.
I have interviewed Sandi several times over the years and listened to her music, of course.
But it was great to see and hear her in person Tuesday night at Crossings Community Church.
The best part of the evening was that it served as a benefit for White Fields boys home. Sandi and her friends Anita Renfroe, the Tabors and Miss America 2009 Katie Stam made it so pleasant that I heard many people say they could have stayed to hear more.
What struck me the most was Sandi’s obvious rapport with all her guests, from the folks in the audience to the friends she had invited to entertain us.
She sang some of her songs that the crowd has deemed favorites over the years and a medley of Southern Gospel classics had everyone singing and up on their feet at the end.
My favorite song was “The Prayer” which Sandi sang with her husband Don Peslis. I found myself hoping that they would sing it. I’d heard them sing the song for the first time at the 10th anniversary of the Murrah Building bombing several years ago. They did not disappoint on Thursday.
All in all it was such a worthwhile evening. I entered the sanctuary tired from a long day and left knowing that the heaviness that had beset me had been lifted — all with a little help and music from Sandi and her friends.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 94547Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17200OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12970Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8745Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8636Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8239How to help tornado victims
- 7488Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7422Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6833Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
- 6608Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients