The end of the world?
Here’s more from my interview with the Rev. M
Hitchcock is pastor of Faith Bible Church in Edmond. The majority of my interview with him is featured in today’s LIFE section of The Oklahoman. His book gives a biblical perspective about a Mayan prophecy that says the end of the world will occur on Dec. 21, 2012. The subject is so compelling and there was just too much to get in print, that we thought we would offer the rest of the interview in this venue:
Q: Should we be looking for signs? Should believers be looking for signs of the end of the world?
Mark Hitchcock: “I think it’s OK. Remember in Matthew 24, the disciples asked Jesus what is going to be the sign of your coming at the end of the age and Jesus didn’t say don’t worry about that. He gave them signs, so I think we should be looking for things. What I think we should be looking for are things like the regathering of the nation of Israel and the world focus on the Middle East. The whole world is focused on the Middle East. That’s going to be the staging grounds for the events of the End Times. Also globalism. The Bible predicts a one-world economy and a one-world government in the end. Well, we see a move in that direction.
So what I would say is that we can look around in our world and see the stage being set. None of us know when the stage setting is finished, so we don’t know when the Lord’s going to come. But we can see the things that are setting the stage for the events of the End Times that do lead us to believe, I think rightly, that the Lord’s coming could be near.
Jesus, when they asked him about signs, He gave them some. One of the main signs He gave in Matthew 24: 4, he said see to it that noone misleads you or deceives you and I think this 2012 stuff is deception. It’s part of the deception that He said would come.
Really, the whole 2012 phenomona is the New Age eschatology and I like to call it the Mayan Y2K.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 371Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 366Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 314OKC Thunder: Thunder stuck with worst-case scenario
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients
Send me a copy of this email.