A different kind of Bible
It includes images of celebrities like Angelina Jolie, Bono and Princess Diana.
In a news release, Publisher Illuminated World, a Swedish company, said it set out to make the biblical text more accessible to people who would normally never read it.
“This is another way for people to become familiar or reacquaint themselves to one of the most influential texts of our time,” the company’s U.S. president Larry Norton, said.
“What makes this different than other nontraditional Bibles in the market is that “Bible Illuminated” complements the
A new Web site — www.bibleilluminated.com was launched as the Bible was released recently in North America. Publisher Illuminated World’s news release said the site will serve as a forum for discussion on diverse topics ranging from religion, inequality, social justice and the use of imagery in “Bible Illuminated.”
Meanwhile, the softcover “Bible Illuminated” — which features the New Testament – is 288 pages and retails for $35. It was originally published in Sweden in 2007.
Check out the Web site or go peruse the new Bible and let me know what you think.
Send your comments, along with your name, age and hometown to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 34667Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 26962Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6958OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6745Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4485OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4208Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3679College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3494Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3437Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3281Oklahoma softball: Keilani Ricketts and Sooners beat the heat as they hold off Arkansas
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients