This vampire (movie) has morals
Is there anything to nibble on beyond the teen fantasy premise of girl-loves-vampire-dude? Something more meaty, like say a moral point to all the teeth-gnashing (or not)?
The film, based on a fiction series by Mormon Stephenie Meyer, has a moral/religious message, according to Jennifer Hahn, the author of ”the Scoop” featured in today’s e-letter sent out by the Knight Chair in Media and Religion at the University of Southern California.
In her article, Hahn says many movie critics missed the abstinence message inherent in the romantic storyline.
“Twilight” might be this year’s most religious film – but you wouldn’t know that by reading the reviews,” she wrote.
Hahn offers more commentary to sink one’s teeth into.
Get “the Scoop” by clicking here: “What Critics Aren’t Seeing in ‘Twilight’”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15916Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 15914Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11583Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11309'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10923Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10033OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7498Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6996Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6944Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6781Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients