Atheists, humanists send holiday messages
An anti-religion sign was recently installed in the Washington state Capitol in Olympia, according to the Religion News Service
The sign reads, in part “There is only our natural world. Religion is but myth and superstition that hardens hearts and enslaves minds.”
The RNS reports that the sign is on display along with a Christian Nativity scene and a holiday tree.
Washington members of the national Freedom From Religion Foundation installed the sign, saying it was important that atheists offer their viewpoint alongside the overtly religious Nativity scene and Christmas-style holiday tree.
Meanwhile, last month, the American Humanist Association launched a holiday advertising campaign that include signage on Washington, D.C. buses that said “Why believe in a god? Just be good for goodness’ sake.”
It appears that one doesn’t have to be of a particular faith to share a message during the holiday season.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients