Catholic League gives Comedy Central a lump of coal
The special also is set to air Christmas Day.
However, the Catholic League is asking its members and associates to e-mail Doug Herzog, the president of Comedy Central, to ask that he cancel the special’s Christmas showing — and any future showings.
Catholic League president Bill Donohue said Comedy Central’s repeated airing of the 2005 special is proof that there is still a “War on Christmas.
“They are well aware that this special is offensive — indeed mocking Catholicism is the goal — and they repeatedly re-air it, particularly on Christmas, the maximize the offense,” Donohue said in a recent news release.
Leary’s holiday special includes a skit about lesbian nuns, among other things. But his monologue, in which he scoffs at Christians’ belief in the virgin birth of Christ, is apparently deemed the most offensive by Donohue.
Read more about the issue on the Catholic League’s Web site at www.catholicleague.org.
(PHOTO: Actor Denis Leary)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients