New posting: Moral State of the Union
America’s moral climate would not get high marks if many Americans were giving out letter grades.
That’s according to the “Moral State of the Union” survey results released today by the Religion News Service and Public Religion Research Institute.
The results come just as President Barack Obama’s third State of the Union address draws near.
The “Moral State of the Union” survey found that about 38 percent of Americans would give the country’s moral climate a “C.” Thirty-seven percent of the survey respondents said they would give America’s moral climate a “D” or “F” while only 22 percent said they would give the current climate a grade of “A” or “B.”
Survey responses showed a partisan divide as well.
Perhaps this shouldn’t surprise anyone.
“We find Americans view the country moral climate through a partisan lens” said Robert P. Jones, CEO and founder of the Public Religion Research Institute. “Both Republicans and those who identify with the Tea Party Movement are more than twice as likely as Democrats to give the nation’s moral climate a ’D’ or ‘F.’”
Read more about the survey results here: “Survey: Only 1 in 5 Give ‘Moral State of the Union’ High Marks.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 69024Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31222Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29103Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 19272Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6654Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6511Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 5366Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 5240Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 4922Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 4912Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients