New posting: Richard Land withdraws from mosque coalition
Richard Land, president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission, has withdrawn from a national coalition designed to support the right of Muslims to build mosques in their communities.
Land (pictured) has visited Oklahoma City several times over the last several years, with his last visit at the Capital Baptist Association’s Pastor’s Conference in August 2010. He talked mainly about the 2010 Congressional election , but he and I discussed the big topic of the day at that time, which was the mosque proposed to be built near Ground Zero in New York City.
Land said he felt it was bad manners for the mosque proposal’s proponents to continue with the project when some relatives of the 2001 World Trade Center terrorist attacks were against the idea.
This week, he told The Associated Press that he has withdrawn from the Interfaith Coalition on Mosques because Southern Baptists have objected to his participation on the board.
Read more on the issue here: “Southern Baptist Leader Leaves Mosque Coalition”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients