New posting: Celibacy and the priesthood
The issue of celibacy and the Roman Catholic priesthood was the subject of a recent USA Today story.
The shortage of priests has brought the priests’ celibacy requirement to the fore again. Catholic priests are forbidden to marry but the USA Today report ponders whether the pope (pictured) would consider eliminating that prohibition to solve the priest shortage.
The Sunday Oklahoman features a story about the priest shortage in the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City. In the story, the Rev. William Novak, vocations director for the archdiocese, shares his thoughts about the impact the celibacy requirement may be having on men considering the priesthood.
Check out the Sunday Oklahoman for his comments.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13110Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12605OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 11229Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 10063Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7965Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5849Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 5300Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5259Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4767Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4142Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients