Nuns vs. fast food
They have dared to challenge one of the mighty fast food giants — McDonalds.
An NPR story reports that the nuns own stock in McDonalds and they have submitted a question about how the fast food chain plans to address the public’s concerns about the effect that fast food has on people’s health, particularly children. The issue the nuns have raised may be discussed at a McDonald’s shareholders’ meeting in May.
You go, sisters!
Read about the nuns here: “Nuns to McDonalds: ‘What Are You Doing About Overweight Kids?”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11731OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9188Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6809Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5811Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5608Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4406Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4394Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4389Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4190OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3756As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients