Maundy Thursday in the news
Many people will be attending services tonight at theirlocal churches.
I’ve noticed several stories about the Last Supper on the wire and Internet today. I thought I would share them.
One is featured on the website Delish and it focuses on the food that Jesus and his disciples likely ate for that now famous meal.
The other is a Religion News Service story about a British scientist who thinks the Last Supper didn’t happen on a Thursday as most people think.
That story is below:
Scholar challenges Thursday date of Last Supper
BY AL WEBB
Religion News Service
LONDON (RNS) A top British scientist claims his biblical, historical and astronomical research shows Christians have been observing Jesus’ Last Supper on the wrong day of the week.Cambridge University Professor Colin Humphreys says Jesus’ final meal with his disciples actually was eaten on the Wednesday before the Crucifixion — one day earlier than has been traditionally accepted.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 87014Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 81959Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34908Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 32757Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 16053Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 13176Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 10447Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 8973Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 8697Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7832Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients