One last thing on the royal wedding
Tammy Mass (pictured) didn’t mind traipsing through the mall today with a tiara on top of her head.
Mass, 51, an administrative assistant at All Souls’ Episcopal Church, said her head adornment was her way of paying homage to the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton.
I ran into Mass today when I was interviewing All Souls’ rector the Rev. Patrick Bright for a story.
She said she wore the tiara to lunch at the mall food court even though her 24-year-old daughter didn’t believe she would do it.
Mass said she watched the royal wedding and couldn’t help but think of Prince William’s mother, Princess Diana, whose wedding she watched years ago. She said she also loved the Bishop of London’s wedding homily and found it to be very relevant.
As for wearing the tiara to the mall, Mass laughted and said she didn’t see why she should take it off for lunch. It was obviously eye-catching.
“It does attract attention at the mall, at the food court,” she said.
Meanwhile, Mass and Bright said about 30 women who are members of the church met there in the wee hours of the morning to watch the royal wedding together on the big screen in the church’s family life center.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13360Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9892Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9697Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8639Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6622Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5282Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4444Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4167Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4106Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients