National Day of Prayer
I’m heading over to cover the National Day of Prayer service at the state Capitol and I can’t help but wonder about the observance activities under way in our nation’s capitol.
Some of you may have seen earlier reports that evangelist Franklin Graham, son of renowned evangelist Billy Graham, was disinvited from participating in the National Day of Prayer observance at the Pentagon. This was done, according to reports, because Graham had been critical of the religion of Islam in the past and some Muslim Pentagon employees felt he should not be part of the prayer service.
Well, yesterday I read on the e-newsletter put out by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association that Franklin Graham is indeed going to pray at the Pentagon today. Apparently, he won’t be part of the National Day of Prayer observance, but he plans to pray in front of the Pentagon.
As far as I know, there’s nothing stopping Franklin, who has a son serving in Afghanistan, from praying in front of Pentagon if he wants to.
I’ll keep you updated and look for stories later online and in Friday’s Oklahoman.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 72395Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14464Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8451Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7239How to help tornado victims
- 6453Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6316Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6292Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6021Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5304Details emerge about memorial service for Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5155Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients