Oprah used the 'J' word
OK, it’s been a long day, but I’ve finally found time to post this because I knew people were going to be talking today about comments Oprah Winfrey (pictured in an AP Photo here) made during her show’s finale on Wednesday.
I did not get a chance to watch the show when it originally aired at 4 p.m., but I caught it later at 11 p.m.
With all of her talk about spirituality and such, I have never heard Oprah say anything about Jesus but she did during her last show.
In fact, she seemed to credit Jesus for her show’s success.
“People often ask me what is the secret to the success of this show — how have we lasted 25 years. I non-jokingly say, ‘My team and Jesus,’” Winfrey said during the finale.
“Because nothing but the hand of God has made this possible for me.”
I think of everything else she said during that broadcast, that would be the thing that would stire the most comment and it looks like I am right.
Oprah has long been lauded for her generosity, her caring nature and her forthright manner. However, she has been criticized by many in certain faith community circles for her shows on books touting New Age ideas. And then some folks said Oprah, over the years, regarded herself as a religion or created her own blend of religion.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients