There were a couple of things brewing in the religious world over the weekend, namely the controversy that was caused when NBC omitted the words “under God” from its opening telecast for the U.S. Open Championship.
In a pre-taped segment, which I watched via an online clip, children are shown and heard saying the Pledge of Allegience and ‘under God’ was not included.
I’m not sure if I would have noticed it without it being brought to my attention beforehand, but I am thinking that I would have. We all know the pledge so well, that any omission would stand out — and obviously it did.
Read on for links to stories on this issue and some others that are being discussed around the water coolers today:
Los Angeles Times: “Prejudice Against Morman Candidates Persists, poll says”
HuffPost Religion: “NBC and ‘Under God’”
Yahoo Sports: “NBC apologizes for omitting ‘under God’”
Faith & Reason blog: “Miss USA Contest Evolves ‘Huge Science Geek’ Wins”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients