"Pope Joan" movie making waves
A movie about a female pope is causing a stir among some in the faith community.
I wonder if it is causing contention because it brings up questions about things people would rather not talk about, ala “The Da Vinci Code.”
The German film is based on a book that was written about a mysterious legend that holds that a woman disguised herself as a man and rose to the rank of pope of the Roman Catholic Church for as long as two years.
It sounds intriguing and far-fetched — and those stories apparently make for the most-talked about movies.
Read more here: “Pope Joan”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11731OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9188Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6809Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5811Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5608Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4406Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4394Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4389Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4190OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3756As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients