Create your own religion: Somebody is having fun
OK, somebody — lots of somebodies — are having fun with the Huffington Post’s “Create Your Own Religion” competition.
Before anyone gets bent out of shape by this, do know that the contest is being featured on HuffPost Comedy, which means it is satirical, you know, meant to be funny.
Warning: If you don’t have a sense of humor, don’t bother with the rest of this post.
Several days ago, the “Create Your Own Religion” contest was announced on the HuffPost Comedy site and the contest has now been closed. More than 900 submissions were sent in, with pictures, no less.
“You’ve got the long hair, the nice bushy beard, and lots of beliefs, but you don’t have the 2.2 billion adherents worldwide. Or perhaps you’re chubby and like to sit cross-legged, but no one is making statues of you. Or maybe you’re a mediocre sci-fi writer that wants people speaking your psuedoscience,” the site states.
“… Sign up now to create-your-own religion. You name it, write down the beliefs, rituals, and holidays.”
The contest creators say they are going to post the best submissions and those “best of” submissions are going to compete for followers.
Some of the submissions have already been posted at “Create Your Own Religion Competition.”
I’ve looked at a few of them. There’s ”Ameteorologity,” the belief that ”it is entirely up to the Sky whether or not there are clouds or precipitation.”
And another is “Motherism” based on the belief that mother knows best.
Again, this is all tongue-in-cheek — at least that’s the way I choose to look at it.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101883Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13737Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10731Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9553OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8470Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7788How to help tornado victims
- 7217Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7121Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6843Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 5845Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients