New post: Check this out ...
Looking for something to do? Here is a list of several OKC metro events related to religion and faith that are going on this week:
TONIGHT: 6:30 to 7:45 p.m. — The first in the “Passages” Speaker Series will be held at the Oklahoma City Museum of Art, 415 Couch Drive. “Passages” is the traveling exhibi that opened at the museumd in May. It features nearly 300 items from the Green Collection, one of the world’s largest private collections of rare biblical texts and artifacts.
Tonight’s speaker is David Lyle Jeffrey, Ph.D., distinguished professor of literature and humanities at Baylor University. His presentation is titled “Beyond the Renaissance: Critical Texts and Bible Translation.”
Tonight’s lecture is free.
WEDNESDAY: 6:30 p.m. — First Christian Church of Edmond’s youth group will perform the musical “Life on the Edge” at the church, 201 E Second in Edmond. The event is a wrapup of the group’s musical mission trip to Missouri, Kansas, Tennessee, Kentucky, Iowa and Illinois where they performed at churches, Worlds of Fun and the General Assembly of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). For more information, call Robbi Kinnaird at 340-2427.
THURSDAY: 7 p.m. — “The Great Recovery” with Dave Ramsey.
Hey, this event is happening closer than you think, like on your computer screen. Financial guru Dave Ramsey (pictured) is hosting “The Great Recovery” to live audiences at 7 p.m. Ramsey, whose “Financial Peace University” classes are held at many churches in Oklahoma, will talk about how the church can impact its community and begin a grassroots movement that will revitalize the nation. The event comes as many families, businesses and churches still are struggling with the economic recession.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14439Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9547Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7937Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7761Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6962Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6428Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6287Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5083Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5032Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4602UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients