"Eat, Pray, Love" star Julia Roberts discovers Hinduism
Julia Roberts, the star of the new feature film “Eat, Pray, Love” has declared that she is a practicing Hindu.
The movie star made the announcement in the September edition of Elle magazine. Apparently several news outlets in India have already been reporting this since the star discovered her affinity for Hinduism while filming “Eat, Pray, Love,” which premieres today in theaters.
The New York Daily News reported that Roberts was raised as a Christian (Baptist father, Catholic mother).
Her announcement is the subject of several blog postings and news articles.
Here’s a sampling of some of them:
USA Today’s Faith and Reason blog: “Julia Roberts Hindu? Who Knew?!”
New York Daily News: “Julia Roberts Now a Practicing Hindu”
The Washington Post’s On Faith religion blog: “Julia Roberts is Hindu, just like so much in America.”
GetReligion.org: “Julia Roberts’ Hindu practice”
(AP Photo: This Sept. 22, 2009 file photo shows actress Julia Roberts, right, with ashram owner Swami Dharmdev at Hari Mandir Ashram in Pataudi on the outskirts of New Delhi, India, while Roberts was shooting “Eat, Pray, Love”.)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 12863Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11549Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5770Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5166Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4505OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4325Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 3991Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 3926How to help tornado victims
- 3623Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3239Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients