Weighty issue: Can you relate?
Interviewing gospel recording artist Sandi Patty this week was interesting, especially since I can relate to a lot of what she was saying in her new book “On the Edge of the Divine.”
Her decision to have Lap-Band surgery was of particular interest.
She said she had struggled with her weight and it had begun to result in some health problems she couldn’t afford to ignore any more.
I never had a problem with my weight until I reached my mid-30s. I know, welcome to the club, right?
A lot of people say women have to watch what we eat as we get older or we run the risk of gaining weight that we can’t easily get rid of . I thought I was going to defy that.
I was wrong and my metabolism slowed just like everyone else’s typically does. On top of that, I’m a snacker, which means I may not do a lot of heavy chowing down at meal times, but I could have numerous snacks a day and we ain’t talking Wheat Thins.
So I could relate to Patty’s dilemma about her weight.
I think a lot of her fans will too.
In recent weeks, I’ve started drastically cutting down on my favorite snacks and watching my caloric intake. I’ve cut out high-sodium and fattening foods. Been out on the walking trails on a regular basis and that is making a big difference, too.
Patty said she hoped that her decision to talk frankly about her weight struggles and surgery will make some women feel more comfortable talking about these issues.
I’m hoping the same thing.
Health should be a priority no matter who you are.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24594Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 16991Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10679OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 9258Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7954Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7390UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 6889Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5783Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5259Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4425Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients