See You at the Pole is Wednesday
Many Oklahoma students will be participating in the event at their local schools.
This may come as a surprise to some folks, but See You at the Pole is 20 years old. The movement started in 1990 in the Fort Worth suburb of Burleson, Texas. The event brings students to their school flagpoles to pray for their schools, their families and their leaders.
So students, if you see students gathered around the flagpole at your school, know that its time for the annual prayer event.
The music and prayer typically begins about 7 a.m. and ends about 7:45 a.m. — in time for students to get to class.
This year’s theme is “Reveal,” based on Matthew 6:9-13.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13258OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7144Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7131Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6694Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6025Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5256Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5146Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4093As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3907Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3578OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients