The Book of Destiny
It doesn’t surprise me that interest is growing in the Mayan prophecy that says the end of the world is to happen during the year 2012.
I just wanted to let readers know of another book out that also deals with the prophecy. It appears to offer perspective different than the one espoused by local author the Rev. Mark Hitchcock, who wrote “2012: The Bible and the End of The World.”
It’s called “The Book of Destiny: Unlocking the Secrets of the Ancient Mayans and the Prophecy of 2012 (HarperOne, $23.99)” by Carlos Barrios.
Here’s what the publisher has to say about the book: “Anthropologist and Mayan expert Carlos Barrios helps clarify just what the 2012 date means to us, and how we can all best prepare ourselves to meet the coming change the Mayans believe has long been written in the destiny of our planet. Written at the request of the Mayan Elders, “The Book of Destiny” is a tool to help people understand their life purpose and to use this profound knowledge to make the best of their time on earth.
“According to the Sacred Mayan Calendar and its corresponding horoscope, our lives have been predestined, and our better understanding of this often-ignored horoscope helps one use this knowledge to beneficially interact with the world around us.”
Who knows? A follow to Saturday’s story on Hitchcock’s book may be forthcoming.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21951Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13280Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10987Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10877UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7355Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7058Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 6253Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5703Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5606Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5160Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients