Perhaps it’s because Friday is just around the corner.
Whatever the deal is, I find that on Thursdays I can take a little more time than usual to search out some of the religion news of the week that you may or may not have read about:
1. Just found out that Johnny Cash is to be inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame. Here’s a link for more information about Cash and his connection to gospel music: Cash and the Gospel Music Hall of Fame.
2. The Washington Post’s “On Faith” blog has launched a new video series about religion and politics. The series discusses “The God Vote” in its first foray into faith and politics: “The God Vote” video.
3. I’m an avid fan of ”Top Chef,” the BRAVO reality TV series that pits chefs against one another (all in good fun) for cash and prizes. Just found out that Gail Simmons, the host and consulting producer of the new “Top Chef: Just Desserts” is Jewish. I saw her name on the Forward 50, an annual list released today by the Forward, a national weekly Jewish newspaper covering current, national and international news. The weekly put together the list of 50 men and women who the editors have chosen as people who have made a significant impact on the Jewish story in the past year.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 72931Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14541Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8647Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7401How to help tornado victims
- 6540Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6504Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6358Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6112Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5411Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5319Details emerge about memorial service for Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients