Oral Roberts' grandson speaks out
“On Faith,” the Washington Post’s religion and spirituality blog, features essays/articles with Oklahoma connections today.
Of note is the ”Guest Voices” commentary by Randy Roberts Potts, the grandson of renowned televangelist and Oklahoma native, the late Oral Roberts. Randy Roberts Potts, described at the end of the commentary as Oral Roberts’ gay grandson, talks about the way Christians see homosexuality: “Jesus’ message for homosexuals: It gets better.”
The blog also features ”Guest Voices” commentary by Nihad Awad, the national executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations. Awad’s subject is State Question 755 approved by voters Tuesday. It prohibits Oklahoma courts from considering international law or Sharia law when making decisions: “What banning Sharia law means for Oklahoma Muslims.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 83313Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 56374Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 33323Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 23846Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 23231Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8483Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 8265Oklahoma sucker-punched by second round of twisters
- 8253Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
- 7999Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7772Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients