New movie coming from "Fireproof" producers
The leaders of Sherwood Pictures, the makers of the popular Christian-themed film “Fireproof,” announced the name and premise of their next film, their fourth, on Sunday.
The movie is to be called “Courageous” and will focus on fatherhood, the leaders said.
Sherwood Pictures is an outreach ministry of Sherwood Church in Albany, Ga. The church’s senior pastor, the Rev. Michael Catt (at right) , along with the church’s executive pastor the Rev. Jim McBride and ministers Stephen and Alex Kendrick, made the announcement.
I’ve talked to Catt before for a column about the church’s movie-making role, and spoke to Stephen Kendrick about “The Love Dare” book from “Fireproof” for a story. All seemed to be very passionate about the church’s venture into the arena of making movies with strong Christian content.
A news release was sent out about the recent annoucement. Alex Kendrick, the release said, briefly outlining the plot Sunday: ”Four fathers who are all in law enforcement — who protect and serve together — go through a terrible tragedy,” he said. “They begin looking at their role as fathers . . . and they begin challenging one another to fulfill God’s intention for fathers.”
Catt said the single-word title echoes God’s call for men to “rise with courage” in their homes and as leaders” at a time when numerous marriages end in divorce and more than one-third of all children live away from their biological fathers.
“The statistics on fatherless children are devastating,” McBride said. “And because the family is the building block of society, one important place to rebuild families is through fathers who stay and lead and love.”
“God led us,” co-writer and producer Stephen Kendrick said. ”We believe God is calling men to rise up with strength and with leadership in their homes, with their families and with their children.”
All four leaders of Sherwood Pictures are husbands and fathers. Pastor Catt has two children; Pastor McBride has four; Stephen Kendrick has four; and Alex Kendrick has six.
Principle filming of “Courageous” is to begin in March 2010 in Albany. Like the previous three Sherwood films, the movie will be marketed by Provident Films.
For more information about the new movie, visit www.CourageoustheMovie.com.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients