Spirituality in the "Twilight" saga
There are spiritual lessons to be gleaned from the fictional “Twilight” saga that has lots of folks abuzz these days.
The premiere of the feature film “The Twilight Saga: New Moon” again brings to reel-life the love story of Bella Swan and her vampire boyfriend Edward.
Beliefnet.com has a new posting offering Claudia Mair Burney’s perspective on the spirituality one can find in the popular tale of teen love and angst.
“I’m also a junkie for the Twilight Saga’s completely unrealistic love story. “Who acts like that?”, I ask myself, but I keep coming back. Deep down inside I knew who acted that way. Edward’s inhumanly perfect love and Bella’s passionate attachment to him echoed —don’t laugh—the sacred romance between God and me,” Burney wrote.
Check it out at “Spiritual Lessons of Twilight.”
Saturday, Beliefnet.com will feature a movie review of the new film by Movie Mom Nell Minow.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients