Technology to combat "Baby Jesus" thieves
A company called Company Brickhouse Security is offering to place free GPS trackers on Baby Jesus statues to keep them from being stolen from Nativity scenes.
Apparently the company also has offered the devices to Jewish communities to keep their menorah candle holders from being taken during the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah.
A Boston Fox News affiliate reported that Company Brickhouse Security said the tracker means that if a thief makes off with the Baby Jesus statue or any other cherished item that it is attached to, a church, synagogue or other grop can log onto a computer or mobile phone to track the missing items.
Here’s more about this latest blend of technology and faith: “Churches Fit GPS to Baby Jesus to Stop Nativity Thefts.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients