Just how did Mary and Joseph make their famous trip to Bethlehem?
OK, if you are curious, you can take the quiz here. The answers are posted below the quiz.
Christmas I.Q. Test
- As Long as Christmas has been celebrated, it has been on December 25. (True or False)
- Joseph was from:
(A) Bethlehem (B) Jerusalem (C) Nazareth
(D) Egypt (E) Minnesota (F) None of the above
3.How did Mary and Joseph travel to Bethlehem?
(A) Camel (B) Donkey (C) Walked (D) Volkswagen (E) Joseph walked, Mary rode a donkey
(F) Who knows
4. Mary and Joseph were married when Mary became pregnant (True or False)
5. Mary and Joseph were married when Jesus was born (True or False)
6. Mary was a virgin when she delivered Jesus (True or False)
7. What did the innkeeper tell Mary and Joseph?
(A)“There is no room in the inn.” (B) “I have a stable you can use.” (C) “Come back after the Christmas rush and I should have some vacancies.”( D) Both A and B (E) None of the above
8. Jesus was born in a: (A) Stable (B) Manger (C) Cave (D) Barn (E) Unknown
9. A “manger” is a: (A) Stable for domestic animals (B) Wooden hay storage bin (C) Feeding trough (D) Barn
10. Which animals does the Bible say were present at Jesus’ birth? (A). Cows, sheep and goats (B). Cows, donkeys and sheep (C) Miscellaneous barnyard animals (D) Sheep and goats (E) Lions, tiger and bears (F) None of the above
11. Who saw the “star in the East.”(A) Shepherds (B) Mary and Joseph (C) The Magi (D) Both A and C (E) None of the above
12. What “sign” did the angels tell the shepherds to look for? (A) “This way to baby Jesus” (B) A star over Bethlehem (C) A baby that doesn’t cry (D) A house with a Christmas tree (E) A baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger (F) None of the above
13. What did the angels sing? (A) “Joy to the World,” (B) “Alleluia” (C) “Unto us a child is born” (D) “Glory to God in the highest. . . . “ (E) “My Sweet Lord”( F) “ Glory to the Newborn King”
14. There was snow that first Christmas (True or False)
15. The baby Jesus cried (A) When the doctor slapped him on the behind (B) Just like other babies (C) When the little drummer boy played his drum (D) He never cried
16. What is frankincense?(A) A precious metal (B) A precious fabric (C) A precious sap used in perfume (D) An Eastern monster story (E) None of the above
17. What is myrrh? (A) An easily shaped metal (B) A spice used for burial (C) A drink (D) An after-shave lotion (E) None of the above
18. How many “Magi” does the Bible say came to see Jesus ______________
19. The Magi found Jesus in a: (A) Manger (B) Stable (C) House (D) Holiday Inn (E) Good Mood
20. Where do you find the Christmas story in order to check on all these ridiculous questions?
(A) Matthew’s Gospel (B) Mark’s Gospel (C) Luke’s Gospel (D) John’s Gospel (E) All of the above (F) Only A and B (G) Only A and C (H) Only A, B and C
NOTE: Father Alsay wanted me to be sure to invite all my readers to St. Augustine’s Christmas Eve services set for 5:30 p.m. and 11 p.m. Dec. 24. The church’s regular services are at 8:30 and 10:30 a.m. Sundays.
Find out what’s latest in business,finance & entertainment