Oklahoma City archdiocese debuts revamped website
The Most Rev. Paul S. Coakley (pictured) is known for embracing social media like Facebook.
Coakley, who celebrates his first year as archbishop of the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City this month, has expressed interest in seeing the Church connect with other through the Internet.
So it comes as no surprise that the archdiocese has unveiled its newly revamped website at http://archokc.org/
Today, Loutitia Eason, the archdiocese’s chancellor, said archdiocesan staff began working on the website’s new look about a year ago because the site’s presentation was antiquated.
“It was old and it hadn’t been updated in years,” she said.
Eason said the new website went live on Feb. 17. She said there’s still work to be done but “we’re really happy that it’s up and running.”
About Coakley, Eason said the archbishop welcomed the new look.
“He’s very into technology,” she said.
Coakley’s installation as Oklahoma City archbishop was held Feb. 11, 2011 in Edmond.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients