Southern Baptists stand with Catholics regarding mandate
Southern Baptists are standing with the Catholic faith community regarding the controversial federal healthcare mandate in recent headlines.
Baptist Press reports that Southern Baptist leaders wrote a column published in The Washington Post in which they voiced their opposition to the contraception mandate. They called the mandate, a ”blatant and outrageous encroachment on religious freedom.”
The column was co-signed by Richard Land, The SBC’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission president; SBC President Bryant Wright; and GuideStone Financial Resources President O.S. Hawkins.
Land has visited Oklahoma City at least once over the last several years as a guest speaker for various events sponsored by Oklahoma Southern Baptists.
Read the Washington Post column, posted on the Post’s On Faith blog: “Why Baptists stand with Catholics on birth control mandate”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 64632Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14648Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8984Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7016Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6971How to help tornado victims
- 6471Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6275Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5865Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5834Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5724Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients