"The Shack" author set to visit Tulsa in April
“The Shack” author William Paul Young (pictured) will return to Tulsa for a one-night-only speaking engagement at 7 p.m. April 9.
Young, whose latest faith-inspired book “Cross Roads” is on the New York Times best sellers list, will give a presentation at the Mabee Center on the campus of Oral Roberts University, 7777 S Lewis.
All proceeds from the event will benefit the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) in northeast Oklahoma.
I had an opportunity to interview Young right before his last visit to Tulsa in 2009. We talked about the phenomenal popularity — and controversy — that followed that his best-selling book
That same year, I interviewed Christians who loved the book as well as those who had some serious concerns about the way some aspects of Christian theology were represented in the book. Either way, lots of people were talking about “The Shack” for a long, long time.
According to advance information about Young’s visit, the author will share stories about “Cross Roads” and “The Shack” with the Tulsa audience.
For more information and tickets, go to www.mabeecenter.com.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26920Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17660Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8676UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8213Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 8153OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8000Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7952Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6297Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5734Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5128Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients