Another book to read
NBC’s Today Show featured an interesting segment on former secretary of state Madeleine Albright this morning.
She talked about her new book ”Prague Winter: A Personal Story of Remembrance and War” in which she shares that she was raised Roman Catholic but found out that her family is Jewish and many of her family members died during the Holocaust.
See the segment here: “Madeleine Albright Reflects on a Childhood During Wartime”
By the way, I’m reading “A Wrinkle in Time” again as this is the book’s 50th anniversary. How did I not catch all the religious symbolism before? As a kid, maybe I just wasn’t able to put it all in context.
Anyway, I’m enjoying it again. I do plan to pick up “Prague Winter” and read it as well.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13360Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9892Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9697Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8639Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6622Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5282Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 4444Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 4167Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 4106Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients