In the news: Same-sex marriage and religion
The debate on same-sex marriage is all over the Internet, with reaction on the North Carolina gay marriage ban and President Barack Obama’s statement supporting same-gender marriage taking center stage.
As I sometimes do, I visited several blogs just to see what commentary was out there and I found plenty.
Oklahomans may be interested in commentary written by Randy Roberts Potts, one of the late televangelist Oral Roberts’ grandsons. I interviewed Randy Roberts Potts (pictured), who is gay, last year when he visited Oklahoma City. Potts announces his own upcoming nuptials as he discusses the hot topic of same-sex marriage.
Here’s a link to Randy Roberts Potts’ commentary featured on the Washington Post’s On Faith blog today:
(CUTLINE/PHOTO BY BRYAN TERRY, THE OKLAHOMAN: In this 2011 photograph, Randy Roberts Potts stands in the sanctuary of Church of the Open Arms in Oklahoma City.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26979Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17115Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9403UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8599Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7948Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7430OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6562Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6162Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6113Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6077Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients