Keep the Thunder faith
Maybe that old adage about sports being a form of religion is not so far off the mark after all.
Some might say that because there are lots of folks following the OKC Thunder like they would a religion. Certainly, this is true of other teams and other sports besides basketball, as well.
I’ve been taking note of how faith and the Thunder NBA team have intersected in one way or another. Here are just a few of my findings. Some of them are stories that I have written. You might have more. If so, send ‘em to me.
1. Thunder MVP Kevin Durant (pictured) told The Oklahoman’s Jenni Carlson he keeps a Bible in the backpack he carries everywhere.
2. Thunder MVP Kevin Durant shared with Darnell Mayberry of The Oklahoman that he had committed to daily Bible reading.
3. The Capitol Baptist Association and Union Baptist Association have partnered with the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma for the “iBelieve” faith outreach in conjunction with the Oklahoma City Thunder’s playoff run. (May 12: “Baptists believe in Gospel, Thunder”) (May 14: “Baptists ‘I Believe’ outreach going strong”)
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17700Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8160OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6156Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6118Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5947OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4682Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4603Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3471Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3463Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 3304As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients