Katie vs. Tom: Scientology in the spotlight again
Actress Katie Holmes’ recent request for a divorce from her actor husband Tom Cruise, has placed his religion, Scientology, smack dab in the spotlight once again.
The religion sparks controversy for various reasons and anytime one of its more well known members like Cruise or actor John Travolta are in the news, it is invariably brought up.
As far as I know, Holmes has not said anything publicly about Scientology in recent weeks and it hasn’t been ascertained that the religion has anything to do with her divorce filing. However, many stories about the pending divorce bring up the fact that Cruise is a well known Scientologist and some people are wondering if Scientology may have played a part in Holmes’ decision to end her marriage.
Here’s what others are saying about the religion being back in the news again and what it could bring to the Holmes-Cruise divorce proceedings.
USA Today: Scientology faces fresh scrutiny
CBS News Celebrity Circuit: Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes’ divorce: the Scientology factor
Los Angeles Times: Scientology complicates Tom Cruise-Katie Holmes divorce case
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 80469Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30097Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29530Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 25550Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7945Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7267Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7260Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 7170Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 6866Oklahoma storms: 2 Shawnee men victims of deadly tornado
- 6473Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients