Was Jesus married?
A Harvard Divinity School professor unveiled her findings regarding Jesus’ marital status today at the 10th
Karen King, the Hollis Professor of Divinity at Harvard Divinity School, said that a fourth century codex written in the ancient Egyptian Coptic language refers to the wife of Jesus.
The find has historic and theological implications, it goes without saying. I remember the controversy surrounding Dan Brown’s “The Da Vinci Code,” a fictional thriller that asserted that Jesus had indeed been married.
Here’s what some news outlets are reporting:
Washington Post: “Did Jesus Have a Wife?”
CNN’s Belief Blog: Newly Revealed Coptic Fragment has Jesus Making Reference to ‘My Wife’
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14891OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9440Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6703Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6232Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6155Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6060Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4124As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3925Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3685Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3113Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients