See You at the Pole ... one week from today
See You At The Pole, the annual student-led prayer initiative popular in the Oklahoma City metro as well as cities across the state and country, will be Wednesday, Sept. 26.
Students at many schools will gather around their school flag pole in the hour before the school day begins to pray for their schools, leaders and families. Sometimes the gatherings take place during other non-school hours but most in the metro meet before school.
In the many years that I have been covering religion I’ve been to several middle and high schools where this is an event that draws a pretty large crowd. Always, the students begin the prayers themselves, many times joining hands in a circle. Often youth advisors/ministry leaders from nearby churches join in but the prayer gathering is begun and continued by the students themselves.
Thus far, I’ve visited SYATP events at several high schools including Putnam City North, Edmond North, Del City, Edmond Memorial, Westmoore and Edmond Santa Fe. I was able to get to Edmond’s Summit Middle School once.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90701Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17035OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12738Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8924Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8598Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8454How to help tornado victims
- 8359Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 8212Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 7113Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 7056Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients