OU vs. Notre Dame: Showing his true colors ...
I had an interview with Tim O’Connor, executive director of Catholic Charities, this afternoon and he told me that he and several members of his staff and a board member visited Notre Dame this week for a workshop. He said he wore blue and gold, Notre Dame’s colors, as he told other workshop participants about Catholic Charities’ work in Oklahoma.
O’Connor said at the end of his talk, he took off his gold sweater with a flourish … to reveal an OU jersey.
He said he just had to reveal that crimson and cream after all.
The crowd loved that … a jolt of humor about what everyone is talking about these days any way… the BIG game.
Actually, O’Connor said he has many reasons to root for both schools. He said he has always had great respect for Notre Dame. He said a few years ago, the university presented him with an award for his community service in Oklahoma City.
“You love ‘em both,” he said, chuckling.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17348Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13445OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11653'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11177Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8712Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7813Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7268Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7021Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6811Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients