Under the Radar Video of the Week #1
Ubiquitous advertising and word-of-mouth hype the most high-profile DVDs. But the oddball releases that fly under the radar are often the most fun. Each week, we’ll pore over those bottom-of-the-list releases and spotlight one in the “Under-the-Radar Video Release of the Week.”
We’ll start with an example from the week of Jan 11. It’s:
“I’m a Schizophrenic and So Am I.” Sounds like a really tasteless and politically incorrect T-shirt logo. But this low-budget indie made by Pittsburgh, PA., physician Dr. Ravi Godse purports to be a comedy mystery with some serious issues on its mind. It focuses on cocky, self-assured character named Dr. Ravi, who makes one bad diagnosis and spends the rest of the movie anguishing over his own cultural identity and wrestling with an increasingly tangled courtroom case.
Apparently, the real Dr. Ravi is something of a ham who juggles his internal medicine practice with a burning desire to be an actor/filmmaker. He’s written a novel that’s reportedly a best-seller in India, and in 2006 he wrote, directed, produced and starred in another meta-fiction based on his own life, titled “Dr. Ravi & Mr. Hyde.”
Not rated. 81 minutes. Retail $19.99. Celebrity Video Distribution.
– Dennis King
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients