Director Kevin Smith faces off with airline
This weekend, it hit the wires that Kevin Smith, the director of “Clerks,” “Chasing Amy,” “Zack and Miri Make a Porno” and the upcoming “Cop Out,” was asked to leave a Southwest Airlines flight from Oakland to Burbank when the flight crew determined he was too heavy to fit in one of their seats.
In the hours following the flight, Smith sent out a flurry of Tweets from his popular Twitter account, @ThatKevinSmith, castigating the airline for ejecting him from the flight when he claimed he could easily pass the “arm rest test,” meaning he could fit between armrests in the seat.
According to Smith, he is not to the point where he cannot pass that test.
“I’m way fat, but I’m not there just yet,” Smith Tweeted.
More about the situation at Staticblog.
- George Lang
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients