Under the Radar DVD of the Week: "I Bought a Vampire Motorcycle"
This week, the oddest DVD to appear on release lists is:
“I Bought a Vampire Motorcycle”
This 1990 low-budget British horror spoof sounds like an unlikely mash-up of conventions from pulpy horror movies and “Popular Mechanics” magazine.
It’s set in Birmingham, England, and features a bloke named Noddy (Neil Morrissey) who buys a beat-up old motorcycle – a classic 750cc Norton Commando – to restore. But, it turns out, the bike has a bloody history, having once belonged to an occultist who was murdered by members of a motorcycle gang.
So the bike is possessed by a vengeful spirit and has a taste for blood. Every time it’s revved up, it tears off on a murderous, tire-squealing rampage that leaves gory road-kill and mutilated Hell’s Angels in its wake.
“I Bought a Vampire Motorcycle” is due out Tuesday on DVD from the distributor Redemption USA. Suggested list price is $19.95.
– Dennis King
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10959Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10925Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9866Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9099Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5228Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4380Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3947OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3633Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3584How to help tornado victims
- 3499Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients