Under the Radar DVD of the Week: "Bikini Jones and the Temple of Eros"
This week, the oddest DVD to appear on release lists is:
From exploitation auteur Fred Olen Ray comes this R-level blush on the “Indiana Jones” adventure series. It’s a sexy teaser that tells the tale of buxom, whip-wielding archeologist Dr. Bikini Jones (Christine Nguyen) as she travels to the exotic land of Moronica to find a long-lost temple, fend off man-eating dinosaurs and do battle with the evil vixen Evilla. Campy, huh?
Ray is something of a legend in ultra-low budget circles, and his 20-year, 100-film resume is studded with suggestive titles suited mainly for drive-ins, inner-city grindhouse venues and straight-to-video releases. And he obviously has a thing for bikinis, having produced such titles as “Bikini a Go Go,” “The Bikini Escort Company,” “Bikini Airways,” “Bikini Hoe-Down,” “Bikini Drive-in” “Bikini Frankenstein” and “Bikini Royale 2.”
On top of all that, the very busy Ray maintains a thriving career in professional wrestling, where he grapples under the name Fabulous Freddie Valentine.
“Bikini Jones and the Temple of Eros” is not rated. It’s being released by Infinity Entertainment Group at a suggested retail price of $14.98.
– Dennis King
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients