Under the Radar DVD of the Week: "Zombies of Mass Destruction"
This week, the oddest DVD to appear on release lists is:
“Zombies of Mass Destruction”
The latest entry in the After Dark Horrorfest DVD series comes out Tuesday and follows in the bloody footprints of such big-screen zombie comedies as “Shaun of the Dead” and “Zombieland.” “Zombies of Mass Destruction” seems to go for macabre laughs with a little political correctness thrown in for good measure.
It’s set in the conservative coastal town of Port Gamble, Wash., which is under attack from run-amok braineaters. The little town’s only hope of salvation comes from a ragtag band of humans led by an Iranian college student (Janette Armand) suspected of being a terrorist and a gay businessman (Doug Fahl) just returned to town to come out of the closet to his mother. Viscera-dripping gore and queasy hilarity ensue.
“Zombies of Mass Destruction” is rated R and runs 89 minutes. It’s being released by Lionsgate and retails for a suggested price of $19.98.
- Dennis King
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients