DVD review: 'Nurse Jackie' offers healthy dose of diversion
Life’s worries and troubles got you down? Take 30 minutes of “Nurse Jackie” every Monday night at 9, and see if you don’t feel better fast. Better yet, take all 12 episodes of season one at once if you’ve got six hours to kill and you’re not afraid of overdosing on one of the smartest, wickedest comedy-dramas ever offered over the premium cable counter.
Three-time Emmy winner Edie Falco stars in the title role of this Showtime series about Jackie Peyton, a tough-minded, big-hearted, deeply flawed emergency room nurse struggling to maintain a delicate balance between the demands of her frenetic job and a fragile home life. At work she’s sharp-tongued, quick-witted, competent, dedicated and a pillar of strength to lean on for everyone from the most seasoned doctor to the lowliest orderly. At home she’s a loving wife to her younger husband (Dominic Fumusa) and adores their two little girls, constantly worrying over her oldest child, Grace, who has generalized anxiety disorder.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 52918Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 35454Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32552Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8890Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 7405Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 5405Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4121OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3647George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3351Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3251Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients