Under the Radar DVD of the Week: "The Abbott & Costello Show"
This week, the most offbeat DVD to appear on release lists is:
“The Abbott & Costello Show: The Complete Series”
When they weren’t arguing over “Who’s on First?” or meeting Frankenstein, the Invisible Man or other monsters of the movies, the comedy team of Bud Abbott and Lou Costello starred in a half-hour TV series starting in 1952 that incorporated many of their classic routines.
On Tuesday, a special collector’s set of all 52 series episodes, digitally restored and re-mastered, will be released in a nine-disk DVD package.
“The Abbott and Costello Show” aired in syndication on local stations around the country and drew heavily from the duo’s earlier radio series. It featured the pair as unemployed slackers who were forever scheming to find ways to pay their rent. The cast included Sidney Fields as their nagging landlord and Hillary Brooke as a friendly neighbor who often got looped into Bud and Lou’s wacky schemes.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16360Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12715Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11414'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11247Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11067Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10980OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7454Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6968Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6909Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 6877Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients