Under the Radar DVD of the Week: 'Inbred Redneck Vampires'
At the opposite end of the blockbuster bloodsucker spectrum from the romantic, high-toned “Twilight” sagas is “Inbred Redneck Vampires,” a micro-budgeted, direct-to-DVD comedy set to hit video shelves on Tuesday.
Repackaged and reconfigured from a 2004 release titled “Bloodsucking Redneck Vampires,” this new version slightly ups the ante on gross-out gags (lots of PC boundary pushing and explosive baked beans jokes) and hitches a quick ride on the considerable “Twilight” coattails.
The ultra-lowbrow story focuses on Catherine (Felicia Pandolfi), a sexy vampire on the run who shows up in a redneck burg called Backwash and prepares to do battle with a relentless vampire hunter who has vowed to drive a stake through her heart.
As Catherine hatches a plan to turn local yokels into her army of vampire slaves, town matriarch Ma Poissier welcomes swishy interior designer Jean-Claude Les Eaux into her home after winning a complimentary room redecoration. While the fey Frenchman tries his best to fit in with crazy hillbillies like Lil’ Junior and his buddy Cletus, rowdy rounds of beer drinking, bean eating, tripe cooking, shower peeping, competitive farting and strip poker lead up to the town’s annual Tripe Days Festival and a showdown between Catherine and her pursuer.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients