Under the Radar DVD of the Week: 'Neil Young Archives, Vol. 1 (1963-1972)'
This week, the most interesting DVD to appear on release lists is:
“Neil Young Archives, Vol. 1 (1963-1972)”
Neil Young, that iconic singer-songwriter with the distinctive rough-warbly voice, has enjoyed an amazing and durable career that has spanned several eras of American music. So it’s entirely fitting that his works be collected in archival form, and the recently released Vol. 1 contains a treasure trove of musical and cultural touchstones from the years 1963-1972.
“Neil Young Archives, Vol. 1” begins a chronological survey of his entire body of work, covering the period from his earliest recordings with the Squires in Winnipeg, 1963, through to his classic 1972 album, “Harvest,” including studio and live tracks with the legendary Buffalo Springfield, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, and Neil Young with Crazy Horse.
This 10-disc collection offers a total of 128 musical tracks, including 60 previously unreleased songs, versions, mixes or rare tracks. The multimedia discs also offer special feature videos, film clips and film trailers, along with audio tracks of rare interviews, radio spots and concert raps. There is also a comprehensive array of archival photos, copies of press releases, lyric manuscripts and documents containing biographies, tour dates and a timeline detailing Young’s career path.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients