Affleck, Malick to film in Oklahoma?
The Wrap and Ain’t It Cool News are reporting that Ben Affleck and Rachel Weisz have joined the cast of a Terrence Malick film, set to begin filming in in Bartlesville, OK in October. Affleck was recently spotted at the Broken Arrow Bass Pro shop, where an employee reported Affleck said he was filming a movie, and researching a role as a fisherman.
According to the Wrap, the project, a “romantic drama,” was announced at the Berlin Film Festival. The Wrap speculates Affleck may be replacing Christian Bale in the film. Bale was spotted in Bartlesville in 2008, and told The Oklahoman’s George Lang he was scouting a possible film.
Oklahoma Film and Music Office Director Jill Simpson said she has not spoken with Affleck about making a film in Oklahoma.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3630Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3502How to help tornado victims
- 3466Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients