DVD review: 'Hide in Plain Sight' / Warner Archive exclusives
This superb, fact-based 1980 crime drama stars James Caan, who also took his one-and-only shot at directing here and nailed it nicely, keeping things taut, gritty and suspenseful from beginning to end. Caan plays a divorced blue-collar worker whose children are spirited away when their new father, a low-tier mobster, enters the Justice Department’s witness protection program.
As an actor, Caan is in his prime, convincingly playing the tough and defiant protagonist that was his stock-in-trade, going up against the cops, federal agents and the U.S. government to find his kids and take them back. He also manages as director to pull spot-on performances from an excellent cast that includes Jill Eikenberry, Robert Viharo, Barbra Rae, Kenneth McMillan, Josef Sommer and Danny Aiello.
It’s now available for the first time on DVD, only from WarnerArchive.com, along with hundreds of other long unobtainable titles. Warner manufactures these discs on demand with each order, and they can’t be found in stores.
Check it out.
— Gene Triplett
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11552Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10742OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6888Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5464Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5395Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4853Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4694OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4051Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3988Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3664As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients