Bieber crashes Depp's press conference in L.A.
BY GENE TRIPLETT
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. — Johnny Depp had just been joking with reporters that his kids were much bigger fans of Justin Bieber than their own father’s movies, when the Grammy-nominated pop phenom himself made a disrupting surprise appearance.
The scene was a press conference at the posh Four Seasons Hotel on Saturday afternoon, where Depp, Isla Fisher, Abigail Breslin and director Gore Verbinski were promoting their new animated film “Rango,” in which Depp supplies the voice of a gun-toting chameleon.
A reporter had asked the actor how his kids felt about their dad playing a lizard.
Depp, 47, replied that his daughter and son, aged 11 and 9 respectively, “are far more interested in ‘Family Guy’ and Justin Bieber.”
“Are you a ‘belieber’?” the reporter asked.
“A ‘belieber’? I’ve actually never heard that one before,” Depp said, triggering a round of laughter from journalists. “That is my favorite. And you know what, yes. I am a ‘belieber’. I am. And I shall remain so.”
Questions continued on other topics until, minutes later, Depp’s gaze was drawn to the doorway of the crowded conference room. The actor broke into a big smile and said, “Hey, man!”
In strolled Bieber, causing a big stir as he waved at journalists and moved quickly to the head table to shake hands with Depp, Fisher, Breslin and Verbinski.
“You know I’m a big fan of you, so I had to come support you,” the 16-year-old singing star told Depp.
“Bless you, man, bless you,” Depp said.
“Awesome,” Bieber said. “I had to come say hi. I heard you were in the building.”
“Aren’t we all ‘beliebers’?” Depp asked, as Bieber quickly made his exit in a shower of applause.
A puzzled-looking Verbinski, 46, leaned over and asked Depp about their unexpected guest.
“That was the Beatles,” Depp explained.
The laughter from the press corps was uproarious.
Bieber was nominated for two Grammys this year — Best New Artist and Best Pop Vocal Album — and was set to perform Sunday night with mentor Usher at the Grammy Award ceremonies in Los Angeles.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13851OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13814Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9624Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7322Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7022Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5771Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5205Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5056Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4611Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4176Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients